CIC Webinar on BIM - CIC Funded (BIM-related) R&D Product: “BIM-Automation of GFA Calculation, and more"
Innovation is of great importance to the sustainable development of the Hong Kong construction industry. Hence, the Construction Industry Council (CIC) has set up the Research and Technology Development Fund to provide financial support for research projects which can improve the performance and competitiveness of the industry.
The "BIM-Automation of Gross Floor Area (GFA) Calculation, Fire Safety and Prescribed Checking for General Building Plans (GBP) Preparation" is one of the research and development projects funded by the CIC and conducted by Building Information Technology Limited. The project is also supported by the Urban Renewal Authority (URA).
The objectives of the research project are to:
- Develop a software tool with a function of automating the calculation of GFA to meet statutory requirements; and
- Develop a function of automating checking and calculating of Fire Safety and Prescribed Checking with BIM model to meet statutory requirements.
Highlight of the research product (the "Plugin"):
- The first available plugin based on Hong Kong regulations and practices to automatically calculate and check GFA, Means of Escape, and Sanitary Fitments etc., and generate related plans for BD submission.
- Successfully addressed all comments from BD, ArchSD, Housing Department, ICU and URA.
- Free for eligible architectural firms and 50% discount for others.
Date: 22 December 2021 (Wed)
Time: 16:00 - 17:00
- Representatives of CIC, Representatives of URA, Principal Investigator of the Research Team
Should you have any queries, please contact Mr. George WONG (email: email@example.com).
An electronic copy of CPD attendance certificate will be issued to participants with over 80% attendance within one month after the live webinar. Any attendance on replay sessions after webinar will not be considered for CPD attendance certificate.
To join the event online, please click the register button below, login/join i-Club member to register.
Replay video is now exclusive for i-Club members, please register and join i-Club.
Please use full name as your i-Club profile name for issuing the CPD Attendance Certificate. To edit your profile, please click here.